- One pound package of Diced Cooked Ham or chopped leftover holiday ham
- Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- Jalapeno Pepper, veined and seeded, finely chopped
- Dill Pickle Cubes
- Mayonnaise, preferably Duke’s Mayonnaise
- Black Pepper to taste
Deviled Ham Salad
Southern Sandwich Spread Recipe
Easy Ham Salad without Eggs
Let’s make this delicious Simply Southern Ham Salad recipe.
Simply Southern Ham Salad
Easy ham salad recipe. Use this delicious spread on crackers as an appetizer or on a sandwich.
- 16 oz. package Diced Cooked Ham or 2 cups of leftover chopped baked ham
- 1 small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, veined and seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tbs Dill Pickle Cubes
- 1/4 c Mayonnaise, preferably Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Begin by adding the cubed ham to a small pot, covered with water and boil for about 30 minutes. The cubed ham is pre-cooked, boiling helps aid in texture.
- If using leftover holiday baked ham (no glaze) just chop or add to the food processor, there is no need to boil it.
- Next, drain the ham and allow it to cool a few minutes, then add to a food processor. Pulse the ham 6-8 times.
- Next, dice a small yellow onion and a jalapeno pepper. Remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno unless you prefer the extra heat.
- Finally, add the chopped onion and jalapeno pepper to a mixing bowl with the dill pickle cubes.
- Then, add the ham, mayonnaise, and seasonings and mix until combined.
- Serve as a sandwich spread or as a dip with crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 721mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
Nutrition is calculated using a calculation tool. While we try to provide the most accurate nutritional levels available but exact amounts can only be calculated when tested in a laboratory.
You Might Also Enjoy
The Best Southern Egg Salad Recipe for Gatherings
Seafood Pasta Salad Recipe
The Best of All Time Tuna Salad Recipe
Thank you for stopping by! I hope that you’ll stick around and check out a few more delicious recipes while you’re here.
Be sure to sign up for my weekly email newsletter so that you never miss my latest recipe posts here on the blog.
- Best Pork N Bean Salad Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- Best Memorial Day Finger Foods
- Cranberry Bean and Sausage Soup Recipe
- Air Fryer Fish Sandwich Deluxe Recipe
Author of Julia's Simply Southern
Hey Y'all! I'm Julia, the cook and writer behind the recipes here at Julia's Simply Southern. I began my website so that I could share easy to follow recipes that anyone can use to put a home cooked meal on the dinner table. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Monday 13th of June 2016
Looks luscious. Thanks for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck. (Did I miss seeing a link back?) Please come again soon.