A relish tray is a traditionally a small sectioned dish or platter that contains items such as pickles, olives, raw vegetables or cheese cubes. They are served as appetizers before dinner and alongside the dinner.
I haven’t had a relish tray in years but decided to do one at a recent holiday dinner and it was a hit. I was quite pleased and I think I’ll do one regularly.
It’s so simple! I used large pimento stuffed party olives, pitted kalamata olives, a sweet gherkin pickles.
Try one at your next get together and don’t be surprised when everyone loves it. Everyone is gonna be hungry waiting for the big meal so it will be much appreciated to have a few things to nibble on.
Supper Club Relish Tray
More ideas for your tray:
Picked Okra (this is a favorite of mine)
A variety of small pickles (sweet, spicy, bread & butter)
Olives ( there are so many options available in grocery stores)
Simple Vegetables (carrot sticks, celery sticks or radishes)
Update: After I started preparing a relish tray for holiday dinners, I have made it a tradition. I now prepare a relish tray for all meals when we have company. It’s always a success and folks really enjoy eating from the relish tray. My favorite combination that I use are jalapeno stuffed olives, pickled okra, and sweet baby pickles.
- 1 Jar of Spicy Pickled Okra, drained
- 1 Jar of Olives, drained
- 1 Jar of Sweet Baby Pickles, drained
- (or your favorite assortment of olives and pickles)
- Assort relish tray items on a serving dish and chill until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Tillen Farms Mild Pickled Asparagus, 12 oz
- Gourmet Stuffed Cherry Peppers 31oz
- Mezzetta Stuffed Olives Variety Gift Pack (Garlic, Bleu Cheese And Jalapeno Stuffed Olives)
- Wickles Pickles, Wicked Okra, 16 OZ (Pack - 1)
- Vlasic Tiny Sweet Midgets Pickles, 10 OZ Jar (Pack of 3, Total of 30 Oz)
- Talk O Texas Okra Pickles, Hot, 16 oz (Pack of 2)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Thank you so much for stopping by! I do hope that you’ll lay out a tasty platter of goodies for your next gathering. Stop by and let me know what you did and how everyone enjoyed it.
I love hearing from you! Also, be sure to sign up for our free weekly email newsletter so that you never miss a new recipe. You can also follow along with us on our other social media accounts.