In this post I am sharing how to make a Blackened Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe. It is so delicious and takes just minutes!
It also happens to be one of my favorite indulgent meals from time to time. The easy Alfredo sauce has a little cream cheese making it rich and flavorful. The sauce can be used for other great recipes as well.
I make this sauce and serve it over store bought mushroom ravioli sometimes. The recipe makes the perfect amount so your pasta meals aren’t swimming in a pool of sauce.
Your meal will be perfectly glazed with sauce, which is how a cream sauce is intended to be paired with pasta meals.
Broccoli Shrimp Alfredo
This meal is perfect to fill hungry bellies and quickly too making it perfect for those busiest days.
You can have this shrimp broccoli Alfredo on the table in less than 20 minutes. Waiting for the water to boil may take longer. Why does that seem to take forever?
Roasting the shrimp will take 10 minutes, Fettuccine takes about 12 minutes to cook, steaming the broccoli will take about 10 minutes and all of this is happening simultaneously while you prepare the easy Alfredo sauce.
Quick and Easy Pasta Meal
How do you like my visual in the photo to show off that this broccoli is steaming hot?
To steam your broccoli, place a small amount of water in the bottom of your steaming pot. Two inches or so of water is plenty the cover and bring to a boil.
Prep the broccoli by cutting off the florets and place into your steaming basket. Place the basket over the boiling water, cover with a lid and allow to steam for about ten minutes.
I’ll include the link for the blackened shrimp in the recipe card.
Cooking the Fettuccine is like cooking most pasta. Wait for a big pot of water to boil (this happens faster if you cover it with a lid), season the water with salt once boiling and add your pasta. Give a stir and boil the Fettuccine for about 12 minutes until tender.
This Alfredo sauce is a little different from my traditional style Alfredo recipe and perhaps easier.
Just add all of your ingredients, except the freshly grated Parmesan (yes, it must be freshly grated) then bring to a simmer.
Add your freshly grated Parmesan, will which ensure a smooth sauce, and stir until melted.
Looks amazing! Am I right?
The final step is to add your pasta, shrimp and broccoli to a mixing bowl then toss with your easy homemade Alfredo sauce.
You’ll have a delicious meal that the entire family will love!
Find full details on making the super easy Alfredo sauce in the recipe card below.
- 1 lb Roasted Blackened Shrimp (Recipe)
- 3 c Steamed Broccoli Florets
- 1 lb Cooked Fettuccine Pasta
- 1.5 c Easy Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- 4 tbs Butter
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 c Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 c Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- Combine all of the Alfredo sauce ingredients, except for the grated Parmesan, in a small sauce pan and heat over medium low until the butter and cream cheese are melted. Bring to a simmer.
- Next, add the grated Parmesan cheese and stir until melted smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked shrimp, broccoli, Fettuccine and Alfredo Sauce. Toss until everything is glazed with the sauce.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 761Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 729mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 21g
- Skillet Hot Dog Chili Recipe
- Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
- Crock Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 243
- Orange Dreamsicle Chiffon Pie
You might also enjoy this Spaghetti Pasta Salad from my friend, Nikki, at Soulfully Made.