In this post I’m sharing a simple Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe.
Spaghetti squash is a mild flavor squash and when cooked the flesh resembles noodles. Spaghetti squash can be cooked many ways, I chose to bake it. It is so easy to bake.
I know you’re wondering and no it doesn’t taste like a spaghetti noodle. The texture is similar to a noodle, the squash flavor is very mild. I think you do need to season it as you prefer to add some flavor. Healthy and delicious. I can be served a variety of ways.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
1 Spaghetti Squash
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cut the squash lengthwise in half. You’ll need a good kitchen knife for this. The shell is a little tough. Scoop out the seeds leaving the flesh in the shell.
Drizzle the squash flesh with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Place the squash halves flesh (open side) down on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for one hour.
Oven Roasted Squash
Let’s prepare this baked spaghetti squash recipe!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Dried Parsley Flakes or Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the squash lengthwise in half. You’ll need a good kitchen knife for this. The shell is a little tough. Scoop out the seeds leaving the flesh in the shell. Drizzle the squash flesh with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves flesh (open side) down on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
- With the tines of a fork, scrape the flesh away from the shell to fluff and give noodle like texture.
Cooked spaghetti squash may be served as a pasta meal, drizzled with olive oil and parmesan with a bit of parsley or topped with tomato sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
You Might Also Enjoy
- Down Home Southern Large Lima Butter Beans Recipe
- Easy Creamy Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
- Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe with Raisins and Coconut
- Canned Turkey Stuffing Casserole Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe
- Sautéed Fresh Green Beans Recipe with Garlic and Bacon