English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches
The baking pan is the secret to the perfect eggs for this on the go breakfast. I’ll leave a link to this pan in the recipe card if you’re in the market for one.
It’s the Wilton “muffin top” baking pan. I get the oven heating up and spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray then crack an egg into each section. This tip seems to help a lot…use a knife to break the side of the egg yolk.
It makes a difference in the cooking so just trust me on that part.
You can make as little one egg or a whole pan full depending on how many breakfast sandwiches you need.
On the Go Breakfast
While the eggs bake in the oven. I fry my sausage in a skillet and have those English muffins toasting up nicely in the toaster.
This really is one of the easiest morning recipes that you can make.
I love that you can use your favorite brand of sausage that is probably a lot more flavorful than what they use in the fast food places.
Other great options would be Canadian Bacon, Ham, Bacon or Livermush along with your egg and favorite cheese.
After I have fully cooked the breakfast sausage, I remove it from the pan and place it on a slice of cheese on the toasted English muffin.
Next, I take the eggs out of the oven and they are nearly cooked through except for a little bit on top and I use a spatula to flip them into the warm skillet for about a minute and it finishes setting the top side of that egg.
Now it is perfect! Season with a bit of salt and pepper and place on your breakfast sandwich. Put the top on and enjoy!
Printable Recipe Card
- 2 Fresh Eggs
- 2 English Muffins
- 2 Slices of Breakfast Sausage ( or breakfast meat of choice )
- 2 Slices of American Cheese (or preferred cheese)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spray 2 sections of a "muffin top" baking pan then crack a fresh egg into the sections. Use a knife to pierce the side of the yolk then place into the oven.
- Heat a small skillet over medium and cook the breakfast sausage patties until brown.
- While the sausage and eggs cook; toast the English muffins in a toaster; place on a plate and add a slice of cheese to the bottom half.
- Place a cooked sausage patty on the cheese slice.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and gently remove them with a spatula. Place into the warm skillet, if needed, for a minute to finish setting the top. Place on the sausage patty and add the top of the English muffin. Allow to cook for a moment or two and enjoy!
You can use whatever breakfast meats and cheese slices that your prefer.
Make as few as one sandwich or a tray full depending on amount needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hygienic Solid Heat-Resistant Flexible Silicone Spatula, Black Non-stick Silicone Turner
Bays Original English Muffins (12, 6 Ct Packages)
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin Top Baking Pan, Enjoy the Best Part of the Muffin, Also Great for Eggs, Corn Bread and More, 12 Cavities
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 632mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g
- Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe with Raisins and Coconut
- Canned Turkey Stuffing Casserole Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe
- Sautéed Fresh Green Beans Recipe with Garlic and Bacon
- Easy Crock Pot Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwich with Egg White and Cheese
- Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
You might also enjoy these Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits from Soulfully Made.