In this post I am sharing how to prepare Pepper Jack Egg White Bites with Bacon & Veggies.
It seems that Starbucks has a popular breakfast item, egg white bites to be specific, that are prepared using the French “sous vide” method. I’ve never had them but I’m sure they’re delicious.
I decided that I would create my own copycat version at home. Mine are baked and only take ten minutes compared to the hour it takes to prepare them sous vide style.
We eat eggs everyday in this house. Fresh eggs from our own chickens. We eat the entire egg. There used to be a common misconception that egg yolks weren’t healthy for you but that has now been scientifically proven wrong.
Fresh eggs from happy chickens are superior to what you’ll find at the grocery store too. We love having the freshest eggs.
Before I began keeping chickens I would purchase our eggs from local farms. You just can’t beat the taste and quality of free range eggs.
It is not often that I have just “egg whites” to use in a recipe but occasionally it happens because I hate wasting food.
So, if you’re looking to make your own version of Starbucks egg white bites recipe without sous vide machine, let’s get cooking!
Baked Egg White Bites
What are egg bites? Egg bites are just a name for a small size breakfast food made of eggs usually combined with other ingredients such as cheese, bacon or ham and vegetables. You can totally customize egg bites using ingredients that you prefer or have on hand too.
My recipe for baked egg white bites would also be comparable to mini crustless quiche, omelets or a frittata.
The combination of ingredients in this recipe work so well together and results in a delicious, quick and easy breakfast.
Egg White Bites with Cheese
Are egg whites good for you? Egg whites are a good source of protein but are lower in nutrients compared to eating the whole egg.
People thinking egg yolks might not be healthy is not the only common misconception about eggs. Here are a few more.
Every egg is a baby chicken – an egg is just an egg unless it is fertilized by a rooster then it can develop into a baby chicken.
Brown eggs come from brown chickens – Not true at all. Chickens lay eggs in a variety of colors depending on the breed of the chicken. All of my chickens lay brown eggs and none of them are brown…two are red and one is black and gold.
Brown eggs are more nutritious and better for you – All chicken eggs no matter what color contain the same nutritional value. It doesn’t matter what color you get, they’re good for you.
Easy Egg White Bites Recipe
You’ll find the step by step instructions for Pepper Jack Egg White Bites with Bacon & Veggies in the printable recipe card below and check out the video in this post.
- 2 Strips of Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 c Red Bell Pepper, finely diced (I used mini peppers)
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 c Spinach, chopped
- 1/2 c Pepper Jack Cheese, grated
- 1 c Egg Whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs Sour Cream
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Saute the chopped bacon in a small skillet until nearly crisp; add the diced red pepper and shallot. Saute 3 to 4 minutes then transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Layer each section of a muffin top baking pan with the bacon & pepper mixture, chopped spinach and cheese. (See Video)
- Lightly whisk to combine the egg whites and sour cream together. Pour egg white mixture into each section of the baking pan then season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set.
A regular muffin pan can also be used. Cooking times may need to be adjusted.
Leftovers may be refrigerated or frozen then reheated when ready to eat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Smart WiFi Light Bulb, LED RGB Color Changing, Compatible with Alexa and Google Home Assistant, No Hub Required, A19 E26 Multicolor LUMIMAN 2 Pack
Anova Culinary AN500-US00 Sous Vide Precision Cooker (WiFi), 1000 Watts | Anova App Included, Black and Silver
Friends Three 2.5 Qt Buffet Server
Mrs. Anderson’s Baking 43817 6-Cup Muffin Top Pan, Non-Stick European-Grade Silicone, Set of 2
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin Top Baking Pan, Enjoy the Best Part of the Muffin, Also Great for Eggs, Corn Bread and More, 12 Cavities
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
The Latest Posts
- Down Home Southern Large Lima Butter Beans Recipe
- Easy Creamy Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
- Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe with Raisins and Coconut
- Canned Turkey Stuffing Casserole Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe
- Sautéed Fresh Green Beans Recipe with Garlic and Bacon
Popular on the Blog
- Homemade Country White Gravy Recipe
- Easy Baked Cubed Beef Steaks
- Classic Southern Meatloaf Recipe
- Traditional Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- Southern Purple Hull Peas
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Creamed Chipped Beef and Toast
- Julia’s Southern Hot Dog Chili Sauce
Thank you so much for stopping by! I know you’re gonna love these flavorful on the go egg bites.
Did you know we have a recipe sharing group on Facebook? Click Here to Join.