In this post I am sharing an easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla Recipe, just like the ones you may have had at your favorite pub.
Just a few short years ago when we moved to a new town we ventured out a bit to local eating places to check them out and meet new people.
Like with any town, we found some places that we liked better than others.
There was this one little pub and eatery that we discovered downtown that had a menu item that I really enjoyed….a chicken, bacon and ranch quesadilla.
We split it as an appetizer as we enjoyed an afternoon drink then walked home. We conveniently live just a block away.
I found the flavors in this simple appetizer to be something that we both really enjoyed so I began making them at home too. It is perfect as an appetizer or a light meal.
Easy Quesadilla Recipe
You’ll love how easy it is to make these melty chicken quesadillas. I bake them in the oven until the cheese is melted but they can also be made on a griddle if preferred.
To keep things simple, I used the cooked grilled chicken slices that you can pick up at the store.
Shredded rotisserie chicken would also work great just be sure to shred the chicken while it is still warm. That makes it so much easier to do.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla
Speaking of cheese, feel free to use whatever shredded cheese that you like. I chose some shredded white cheddar because that is what I had on hand.
Pepper Jack, Colby Jack or a Shredded Mexican Cheese blend would all be delicious too.
The cheese also acts of a sort of “glue” to hold things together. A plain ole cheese quesadilla is also quite delicious.
The good thing about quesadillas is that you can customize them with ingredients that you like and serve with a variety of sauces or dips.
Sour cream, hot sauce, ranch dressing and guacamole are among my personal favorites to have with a quesadilla.
Oven Baked Quesadillas
Layer your cheese, chicken and ranch on half of a large flour tortilla (the burrito style tortillas).
Don’t forget the bacon! MMMM, bacon! Next, just fold over the tortilla and bake.
You’ll find a printable recipe below with all the steps to make these delicious chicken bacon ranch quesadillas at home.
- 4 Large Burrito Style Flour Tortillas
- 1 c Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated (or cheese or choice)
- 3 Strips of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 c Cooked Chicken, diced
- 2 tbs Ranch Dressing
- Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole or More Ranch, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then arrange the tortillas to prepare quesadillas.
- Layer the cheese, chicken and bacon on each half of each of the tortillas; drizzle with ranch dressing. Fold over the other half then bake 15-20 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges before serving.
Recipe may be modified to make the number of quesadillas needed.
Cooking quesadillas on a griddle also works great.
Having cooked chicken and bacon on hand makes this recipe super fast.
Serve with sauces, dips or condiments if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Funny Kitchen Towel, Olive Me Loves Olive You, Flour Sack Dish Towel, Sweet Housewarming Gift, White
- As for Me and My House We Will Serve Tacos Salsa 24:7 - Funny Kitchen Signs - Taco Party Decorations Wooden Plaques with Sayings
- NOSTALGIA 10-Inch 6-Wedge Electric Deluxe Quesadilla Maker with Stuffing Latch, 10 inch, Red
Serving Size:2 Wedges
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1517mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 10gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Come back and let me know how you like it and how you made it your own. I love hearing from you!
This recipe has been proudly shared at the Weekend Potluck.
You might also like the recipe for these Easy Beef Nachos from Deep South Dish.
- Meal Plan Monday 235 Caprese Chicken
- Bratwurst Potatoes and Sauerkraut Skillet Meal
- Meal Plan Monday 234 Fall Green Salad
- Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 233 Beef Brisket