In this post I’m sharing a recipe for Easy Baked Cubed Beef Steaks.
One of the questions I get a lot is “how do you cook cube steak“? In the South, I think most would automatically think of country fried or chicken fried steak (same thing, different names).
There is another popular method cooking with these tenderized beef steaks and that is what is often referred to as country style steak, at least in my neck of the woods.
The recipe that I’m sharing here is sort of a short cut version of the country style steak that busy parents will love for putting an easy home cooked meal on the table.
The country fried steak is one of our most favorite meals and how I prepare it most often.
I suppose that it depends on what region of the country that you live in as to what might be most popular for cube steak.
This “back to the basics” recipe is delicious and super easy to prepare!
Cubed Steak Recipe in Oven
Creamy smothered oven baked cubed steaks are the type of meal that I made often in my younger years when I just starting out cooking.
I still make it occasionally if I just don’t feel like standing over the stove. Even if it is a simple fix meal, we would rather have something home cooked than take out.
How to Cook Cube Steak without Flour
This cubed steak recipe with cream of mushroom soup is so easy to prepare.
There are a few items that should be pantry staples and they include cream of something soup. It’s an easy ingredient that anyone can create a delicious meal with.
This recipe starts with adding that creamy mushroom soup to the bottom of a baking dish.
Smothered Cube Steak
What are cubed steaks? Cubed (or cube) steaks are beef steaks that have been tenderized (as show above).
When buying cube steak at the grocery store, I tend to by the small pack with 2 or 3 where I can see all of the steaks. I’ve found the larger packs they often hide grislily areas beneath the other steaks.
Cubed steak recipes are so popular because it is a very budget friendly meat to work with.
Easy Meals for Busy Parents
Place the meat on a cutting board and cut into smaller pieces. I just cut each piece into quarters then smothered it down into the creamy mushroom sauce in the baking dish.
Easy Cubed Steak Recipe
Place the smothered cube steak into a hot oven and allow it to bake until it is melt in your mouth tender.
Can I make this Cubed Steak Recipe in Crock Pot? Yes, this recipe is easy to prepare in a slow cooker as well by adding an additional hour to hour and a half to the cooking time. Be sure to pre-heat your crockery before adding the ingredients.
Shopping the Pantry Meals
Below you will find a printable recipe card with all of the details for making this easy home cooked meal.
Easy Baked Cubed Beef Steaks
- 10.75 ounce can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can of Water
- 1 lb. Cubed Beef Steaks, cut into smaller pieces
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup to a square baking dish then fill the soup tin with water and add it to the condensed soup and whisk to combine.
- Next, place the cut up cube steak pieces into the baking dish and cover with the mushroom sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into a hot oven, reduce the temperature to 325°F and bake for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Serve over cooked rice, if desired, along with your favorite vegetable sides.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is Going to be Delicious - Funny Black Aprons for Men, Women with 3 Pockets - Mothers Day, Birthday Gifts for Mom, Dad, Wife, Husband, Daughters, Grandma, Friends - Miracu Kitchen Cooking Apron
Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, 10.5 oz. Can, 4 Count
Pyrex Basics 8.1" Square (2 quart)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 32g
Easy Baked Cubed Beef Steaks
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so happy that you did.
I know that you’ll enjoy this super simple home cooked meal. Be sure to check out the blog for more dinner idea recipes.
While you are here, be sure to sign up for my email list. As a subscriber you will receive a weekly email from me with all of the latest recipes and news from the blog so that you never miss a thing.
If you like this Easy Baked Cubed Beef Steaks recipe, you might enjoy
- Hamburger Steaks with Onions Peppers and Mushrooms
- Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- Classic Cream Cheese and Green Olives Spread
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Popular Recipes on the Blog
- Julia’s Southern Hot Dog Chili Sauce
- Creamed Chipped Beef & Toast – S.O.S.
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Southern Purple Hull Peas