In this post I will be sharing an Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe. This simple soiree punch is delicious and a favorite classic party beverage.
Punches with sherbet remain a popular party drink because it is made with simple ingredients and guests love it.
So, if you’re on the hunt for a good punch recipe then add this one to your collection of party ideas. This non-alcoholic party drink is suitable for anyone, so no worries if the kiddos have some too.
Let’s make some punch, y’all, and have ourselves a little get-together!
Orange Sherbet Punch with Ginger Ale
Doesn’t that creamy sherbet punch look delicious? So good!! You’ll be able to easily find everything that you need to make the sherbet punch recipe at your local at any grocery store or Walmart.
Once you get the hang of making this easy punch recipe, you’ll be able to switch it up to create more flavors.
When to serve orange sherbet punch? This simple punch is great for any special occasion or large gathering. Serve it for bridal showers, baby showers, holiday celebrations, to ring in the new year, birthday parties, Halloween party, graduation parties, or family reunions.
Personally, I think this is an especially great option for Halloween punch with its orange color.
Since it is the 4th of July weekend, as I’m sitting here writing this post, this punch would be great for your independence day celebrations too.
It was sort of a family tradition for us to have this orange punch for any birthday party.
What do I need to make this Easy Punch Recipe?
Ingredient list for this easy party punch:
- Orange Sherbet – the scoops of sherbet are the star ingredient to add the creaminess and orange flavor to this party punch.
- Ginger Ale – is a classic choice to make the perfect party punch and transforming it into a fizzy drink.
- Orange Slices – completely optional, but I love to add a few slices on top of the punch to make it look pretty and offer fresh wedges for garnish on the punch glasses.
The simple ingredients above are all that I use to make my sherbet punch and it never disappoints. There are plenty of other options that you can use if you wish.
Alternate/additional ingredient suggestions: pineapple juice, lemon lime soda (7up, Sprite, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist or any store brand lemon-lime soda that you prefer), Hawaiian Punch, or Orange soda.
I suppose that you could use any other flavored carbonated beverage that you might want to try too.
Try different flavors of sherbet to make a lime sherbet punch, rainbow sherbet punch, or raspberry sherbet punch.
How to make Orange Sherbet Punch?
You’re gonna love this super easy recipe! Make sure that you chill the ginger ale before putting it all together.
To prepare the punch, use an ice cream scoop and add scoops of orange sherbet to the bottom of a large punch bowl.
Next, pour half of the ginger ale over the sherbet (it will look really foamy and that’s okay) then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. Allow the punch to chill until half an hour before you plan to serve it.
Take the punch mixture out of the fridge. Allow it to sit a few minutes so that the sherbet melts a little bit. Pour the remaining ginger ale into the punch bowl and gently fold the sherbet into the soda.
The orange punch should look creamy on top. If using the fresh orange garnish, lay a few slices on top of the tasty beverage.
Place your ladle in the punch bowl and place the bowl and punch glasses where guests can easily serve themselves.
I place a fresh orange wedge bowl next to the punch for anyone who might want to add one to the top of the glass as garnish.
Easy Orange Sherbet Punch
This truly is a delicious drink to be so simple. It is always a big hit at gatherings for as long as I can remember.
By the way, this party punch works just as well being served in a beverage dispenser.
Printable Recipe Card
- 2.1 quart Ginger Ale (a 2 liter soda)
- 1 quart Orange Sherbet
- Fresh Orange Slices, optional for garnish
- Chill the ginger ale until it is very cold.
- Use an ice cream scoop to transfer scoops of sherbet to a punch bowl (or beverage dispensers).
- Next, pour 1 quart of the ginger ale over the sherbet.
- Add the remaining ginger ale when ready to serve (serves 16-20 people). Garnish with fresh orange slices and serve with fresh orange wedges, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Godinger Dublin Crystal Punch Bowl Set with 8 Cups and Ladle - 10 Piece Set
Buddeez Unbreakable 3-1/2-Gallon Beverage Dispenser with Removable Ice-Cone and BONUS Chalkboard ID tag - perfect for parties.
MJM Condiment Server, Condiment Tray, ice Party Serving bar, Chilled Caddy, bar Garnish Holder on ice, Condiment Dispenser, Salad Platter, Compartment Condiment Tray with lid
Serving Size:1 glass
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g
What to serve with Orange Sherbet Punch?
In addition to serving this easy orange sherbet punch recipe, it is a good idea to have bottled water on hand for those who don’t care to have the punch beverage.
Serve appetizers, finger foods, tea sandwiches and sweet treats with the orange sherbet punch.
Popular recipes on the blog
- Homemade Country White Gravy Recipe
- Easy Baked Cubed Beef Steaks
- Classic Southern Meatloaf Recipe
- Traditional Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- Southern Purple Hull Peas
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Creamed Chipped Beef and Toast
- Julia’s Southern Hot Dog Chili Sauce
Check out the latest recipes
- Down Home Southern Large Lima Butter Beans Recipe
- Easy Creamy Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
- Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe with Raisins and Coconut
- Canned Turkey Stuffing Casserole Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe
- Sautéed Fresh Green Beans Recipe with Garlic and Bacon
- Easy Crock Pot Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwich with Egg White and Cheese
- Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
Thank you for stopping by! I am so glad that you did. Be sure to make this delicious easy orange sherbet punch recipe for your next party or gathering with friends and family. I know that they will enjoy it.
While you’re here, be sure to subscribe to my email list. Subscribers receive a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox with the latest recipes and news here on the blog so that you never miss a thing.
Until next time, friend, love and happy cooking!