If you’re looking for an easy appetizer recipe then I’ve got you covered with this easy Black Eyed Pea Dip!
Black eyed pea dip is so simple yet so delicious and people love it. It takes just a few simple ingredients and a zesty semi-homemade dressing to create this dip.
By the way….you may have seen similar recipes that refer to this as black eyed pea salsa, salad, or relish. Whatever you choose to call it is just fine as long as you make this to share soon.
Black eyed pea dip would be a great appetizer for all of your spring gatherings or as a starter before your Easter dinner.
This dip recipe is made up ahead of time so it develops flavor as all of the ingredients mingle together. Make up a batch of black eyed pea dip the day before and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Serve it up with tortilla chips and watch it disappear!
Southern Black Eyed Pea Salad with Cilantro
How do you make black eyed pea dip? Make black eyed pea dip with just a few ingredients. Mine includes: black eyed peas, red bell pepper, cilantro, corn, green onion, a pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper gets marinaded in a fresh batch of zesty Italian dressing.
It is easy to customize this dip recipe to suit your taste. Other ingredients you might consider are diced tomatoes, avocado, diced onion or jalapeno…just to name a few.
Just mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, remove the dip from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
Drain off the excess dressing and add the dip to your favorite serving bowl.
Good Luck Pea and Corn Salsa
Black eyed pea dip is versatile in that it could easily be served as a fresh side dish too. If I have any of this dip leftover, that is just what I do…serve it as a side for dinner the next day.
The first time that I had this party dip, it was made with just four ingredients (peas, cilantro, green onions and dressing). I’ve added the corn and red bell pepper over the years for an extra pop of color.
Black Eyed Pea Dip
- 2 (15 ounce) Cans of Black Eyed Peas, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (11 ounce) Can of Corn
- 2 tbs Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- Pinch of Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing Recipe Mix
- 1/4 c White Vinegar
- 3 tbs Water
- 1/2 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add the dip ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a glass jar with a lid, combine the dressing mix with the vinegar, water and olive oil and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the dip mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the dip from the refrigerator when ready to serve and allow to come to room temperature.
- Drain off excess dressing and add the dip to a serving bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips or scoops.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Thank you for stopping by! Share this recipe with a friend. While you’re here, sign up for our free newsletter so you never miss a thing. You can also follow along on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
You can also use the search box or browse through the recipe index to find even more delicious recipes.
You can also see this recipe shared at the Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday